As the holidays approach, we tend to become relaxed on our health, wellness and fitness routines. With holiday gatherings, events and shopping (& those tasty treats), it can be tempting to skip your Pilates and other exercise classes.
While it’s important to enjoy the holiday festivities, it’s also important to remember to take care of yourself. Here are some great ways to take care of your mind and body during the busy holiday season:
- Make your plans in advance. If you know when your big events are, it may be easier to plan around them and make sure you make it to your fitness commitments as well.
- Try to get outside once a day, even if it’s just for 15 minutes, rain or shine!
- Plan a health & wellness activity with a friend. Whether it’s a Pilates or other fitness class, a day at the spa, or a simple visit over tea, a visit with a friend is a great way to relax.
- Plan outdoor holiday activities with your family when possible. Fresh air and light exercise (depending on yours and your family’s mobility level) is a great way to bond over the holidays. Whether it’s a trip to Butchart Gardens, or a walk through Sidney or Victoria to look at the lights, there are lots of outdoor winter activities to take part in.
- Don’t overdo it! If you’re feeling tired or overwhelmed, remember that it’s okay to spend some time alone. Curl up with a book, have a nap, or head out for a walk alone.
If you’re looking for other ways to keep up with a healthy lifestyle over the holidays, join us for our De-Stress Workshop in November! Details in our Workshops & Specialty Class section!