After a long warm summer of lazy days at the lake, BBQs with family and friends, and perhaps even a summer vacation, it’s all too easy to skip your indoor workouts or Pilates classes! Hopefully you were able to sneak in some outdoor exercise, or for some of you, keep attending your Pilates classes through the summer!
For those of you who have been busy over the summer, it doesn’t have to be a strain to return to your routine. When starting back up with your Pilates after a long period of rest, it’s important to be mindful of your body, and make sure to let your instructors know of anything that may have changed over the summer, ie: new injuries, areas of stiffness, or even new fitness goals.
Booking a private session with a Pilates instructor is a great way to make sure to get a new routine, tailored to your needs (see more below!). The next step is to make sure you’re registered in a regular class. Attending at the same time (or times!) each week helps keep the routine and keep you accountable for your health and well being. If you know you’ll be missing a class, make sure to sign up for a make up class!
For those of you returning, and those new to the studio, please take a moment to review our studio guidelines:
1. You are welcome to come to class 10 minutes early to stretch and warm up. Please avoid showing up earlier than this, as there may not be enough space for those who are still in their class, or the instructor may be preparing for the next class or client.
2. Please remember this is a scent free environment. Some of our patrons have allergies and sensitivities. (Deodorant and shampoo are ok, however, perfume/cologne is not)
3. You may book make up classes for absences, but you must give 24 hours notice for an absence. In emergency situations, or illnesses, please call or e-mail as soon as you can. Make ups can be granted in these situations. Unless there is an emergency, no-shows are not eligible for make up classes.
4. If you accumulate make-ups due to unexpected absences, it is best to book them within the current session. However, if this is not possible, they can be carried over one more session, so long as you are registered. Make ups cannot be used as credit for the new f registration.
5. If you have missed more than one month of equipment classes, you will need to be scheduled in for a program review to make sure you have an up to date program that addresses your current needs and that you understand and remember all of the exercises.
6. Most importantly – Have fun! 🙂
Please contact the studio with any questions or concerns you may have in regards to registration, policies, or anything else! Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-1:30 plus two evenings per week (alternating between Mon/Wed and Tues/Thurs)